Enigmacross 7 is a professional acrostic puzzle development application. Use it to construct real acrostics just like the kind which appear in newspapers and magazines. With Enigmacross's many features, routine tasks and errors are eliminated, leaving you to concentrate on creating entertaining and original puzzles. This latest version of Enigmacross includes Crossdown Quotebank. Quotebank is an acrostic quotation database manager with which you can group any number of quotations into collections for quick browsing, comparison, searching, duplicating and dozens of other uses. Crossdown Cluebank, available separately, is a database for storing acrostic puzzle clues. It is fully integrated with Enigmacross, enabling you to bring up a list of clues to choose from for each acrostic word with one click of the mouse. With Enigmacross you can print acrostics in a variety of styles, and export puzzles in several popular graphic file formats for use with all word processors and desktop publishing software. You can deploy fully interactive acrostics to websites. You can generate puzzles as Adobe PDF files for distribution among other computer platforms, including Macintosh systems. You can also generate standalone puzzle "player" game applications which can be run and solved on other Windows-based computers. Enigmacross also incorporates a basic solve mode so puzzle authors can test out their own creations, or just have a little fun! Enigmacross is developed by an acrostic puzzle professional for other acrostic puzzle professionals or serious amateurs. Enigmacross supports all versions of Windows from XP to Vista, and has an indexed, illustrated on-screen Help.
» version 7.0 - posted on 2011-02-20
Major rewrite and redesign; Java applet included; Quotebank
» version 6.0 - posted on 2004-04-02
Java applet included
EULA - End User License Agreement
Use of Enigmacross 7 Demo constitutes your acceptance of the following terms set forth in this license agreement.
(1) The Enigmacross 7 Demo (SOFTWARE) is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in this SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Crossdown and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
(2) You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part. You may not use, copy, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the SOFTWARE except as provided in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license.
(3) You may freely duplicate and distribute the Enigmacross 7 Demo software provided that said distribution is in accordance with the above distribution agreement.
(4) Enigmacross 7 Demo is copyright 2011 by Sam Bellotto Jr. and is protected under United States copyright laws. Purchase of this product does not transfer any right, title, or interest in the software except as specifically set forth in this agreement. Crossdown, Enigmacross, Quiptics and Cluebank are U.S. trademarks of Crossdown.
(5) Copyright owner warrants that Enigmacross 7 Demo will perform as specified in the documentation and is reasonably free from defects and bugs at the time of purchase. Master disks determined to be physically defective within 30 days from date of purchase will be replaced at no cost to you only if software failure was not due to accident, abuse or misapplication on your part.
(6) Warranty: This program is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Crossdown be held liable for any loss of profit, special, incidental, consequential, or other similar claims. Copyright owner's liability
for any such claim may not exceed the price of the software.
(7) This license is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying the program and all copies of it. It will also terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition on this agreement. You agree upon termination to destroy the program together with all copies of the program.
(8) This agreement shall be goverened by the laws of the State of New York and shall inure to the benefit of Crossdown and any successors, administrators, heirs and assigns. Any action or proceeding by either party against the other arising out of or related to this agreement shall be brought only in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in the county of Monroe, state of New York. The parties hereby consent to in personna jurisdiction of said courts.